Place:


Berrow  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Berrow like this:

BERROW, a parish in Upton-on-Severn district, Worcester; 5½ miles SW of Upton r. station, and 7 W of Tewkesbury. It has a post office under Ledbury. Acres, 2,180. Real property, £3,069. Pop., 453. Houses, 94. The property is much subdivided. The parish is a meet for the Ledbury hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £100. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is very good.

Berrow through time

Berrow is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Berrow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Berrow, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9620

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Berrow ".