Place:


Drayton St Leonard  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Drayton St Leonard like this:

DRAYTON, a parish in the district of Abingdon and county of Oxford; on the river Thame, 5 miles E of Culham r. station, and 5 N of Wallingford. Post town, Dorchester, under Wallingford. Acres, 1, 260. Real property, £2, 078. Pop., 327. Houses, 65. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, not reported. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church is small and plain. Charities, £5.

Drayton St Leonard through time

Drayton St Leonard is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Drayton St Leonard itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Drayton St Leonard in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9617

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Drayton St Leonard ".