Place:


Plashetts  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Plashetts like this:

PLASHETTS, a railway station and a township in Falstone parish, Northumberland. The r. station is on the Border Counties railway, adjacent to the North Tyneriver, 13½ miles N W of Bellingham. The township liesaround the station; and bears the name of Plashetts and Tynehead. Acres, 28, 225. Pop. in 1851, 229; in 1861, 494. Houses, 61. The manor belongs to the Duke of Northumberland. Most of the surface is moor and mountain; and coal is largely worked.

Plashetts through time

Plashetts is now part of Tynedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tynedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Plashetts itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Plashetts, in Tynedale and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9604

Date accessed: 18th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Plashetts ".