Place:


Badsey  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Badsey like this:

BADSEY, a village and a parish in Evesham district, Worcester. The village stands on a tributary of the river Avon, adjacent to the Great Western railway, 2 miles ESE of Evesham. The parish includes also the hamlet of Aldington. Post Town, Evesham. Acres, 1,770. Real property, £4,268. Pop., 546. Houses, 119. There are mineral springs, and a silk mill. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £150.* Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is ancient. There are a national school, and charities £18.

Badsey through time

Badsey is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Badsey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Badsey, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9594

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Badsey ".