In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ysgeifiog like this:
YSCEFIOG, a parish, with nine townships, in Holywell district, Flint; 5 miles SW of Holywell r. station. Post town, Holywell. Acres, 5,905. Real property, £3,535. Pop. in 1851, 1,710; in 1861, 1,475. Houses, 334. The decrease of pop. arose from diminution of employment in lead mines. The property is subdivided. A gold torque was found in 1816. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £700.* Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church was rebuilt in 1835. The parish includes sections of Brynford Gorsedd, and Rhesycae chapelries. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, and charities £8.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ysgeifiog has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Flintshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ysgeifiog and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ysgeifiog in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 03rd July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ysgeifiog".