Place:


Cuxham  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cuxham like this:

CUXHAM, a parish in Henley district, Oxford; 1¾ mile WNW of Watlington, and 8½ NNE of Wallingford-Road r. station. It has a post office under Tetsworth. Acres, 487. Real property, £1, 282. Pop., 177. Houses, 36. The living is a rectory, united in 1868 with Easington, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £355.* Patron, Merton College, Oxford. The church is Norman, with a tower; and has some brasses and monuments.

Cuxham through time

Cuxham is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cuxham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cuxham in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9554

Date accessed: 16th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cuxham ".