In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clifton Hampden like this:
CLIFTON-HAMPDEN, a parish in the district of Abingdon and county of Oxford; on the river Thames, 1¼ mile E by N of Culham r. station, and 3½ ESE of Abingdon. It has a post office under Abingdon. Acres, 1, 030. Real property, £1, 990. Pop., 355. Houses, 71. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £287.*-Patron, H. H. Gibbs, Esq. The church is small, and was recently restored.
Clifton Hampden is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clifton Hampden itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clifton Hampden in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Clifton Hampden ".