Place:


Ynysawdre  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ynysawdre like this:

YNYSAWDRE, a hamlet in St. Brides-Minor parish, Glamorgan; at the confluence of the rivers Ewenny and Ogmore, 3¼ miles S of Bridgend. Acres, 386. Real property, £248. Pop. in 1851, 190; in 1861, 345. Houses, 66. The increase of pop. arose from extension of iron-manufacture.

[NB the entry is incorrect: Ynysawdre is north of Bridgend, at the junction of the Ogmore and Garw rivers — GBHGIS project]

Ynysawdre through time

Ynysawdre is now part of Bridgend district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgend has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ynysawdre itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ynysawdre, in Bridgend and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9517

Date accessed: 15th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ynysawdre ".