Place:


Whitchurch  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whitchurch like this:

WHITCHURCH, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on St. Brides bay, 3 miles E by S of St. Davids, and 12½ WNW of Haverfordwest r. station. It contains Solva village, which has a post-office under Haverfordwest. Acres, 3,138. Real property, £3,159. Pop. in 1851, 1,252; in 1861, 1,085. Houses, 284. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £101.* Patrons, the Bishop and Chapter of St. D. The church was reported in 1859 as bad. There are three dissenting chapels, and charities £6.

Whitchurch through time

Whitchurch is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whitchurch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whitchurch in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9455

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whitchurch ".