Place:


Whichford  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whichford like this:

WHICHFORD, a parish, with Stourton hamlet, in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; 5 miles N of Chipping-Norton r. station. Post town, Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 3,100. Real property, £5,131. Pop., 698. Houses, 150. W. manor belongs to Sir G. R. Philips; and that of Steuston, to W. Timms, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £696.* Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is good; and there are two national schools.

Whichford through time

Whichford is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whichford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whichford, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9416

Date accessed: 19th September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whichford ".