Place:


Ufton  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ufton like this:

UFTON, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; 1½ mile N of Harbury r. station, and 2½ W by N of Southam. Post town, Southam, under Rugby. Acres, 1,920. Real property, £1,960. Pop., 201. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £200.* Patron, the Bishop of W. The church was repaired in 1860.

Ufton through time

Ufton is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ufton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ufton, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9385

Date accessed: 26th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ufton ".