Place:


Bodicote  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bodicote like this:

BODICOTT, a chapelry in Adderbury parish, Oxford; near the Oxford canal, the Cherwell river, and the Oxford and Rugby railway, 2 miles S of Banbury. It has a post office under Banbury. Acres, 1,680. Real property, £4,334. Pop., 626. Houses, 163. The property is much subdivided. Bodicott House and Bodicott Grange are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £150.* Patron, New College, Oxford. The church is good; and there are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels and a national school. John Kersey, the mathematician, was a native.

Bodicote through time

Bodicote is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bodicote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bodicote, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9370

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bodicote ".