Place:


Spernall  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Spernall like this:

SPERNALL, a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; 3¼ miles N of Alcester r. station. Post town, Bromsgrove. Acres, 1,090. Real property, £1,264. Pop., 91. Houses, 21. The manor belongs to Sir W. Throckmorton, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £154.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

Spernall through time

Spernall is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Spernall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Spernall, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9357

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Spernall ".