Place:


Radway  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Radway like this:

RADWAY, a parish, with a pretty village, in the district of Banbury and county of Warwick; in a fertilevalley, under Edge hill, 3¼ miles S E of Kineton, and 5¼ S W of Fenny-Compton r. station. Post-town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1, 530. Real property, £3,056. Pop., 375. ...


Houses, 79. The manor belongs to the Duchy of Lancaster. The figure of a horse, in memory of the battle of Towton, is cut on a hill side. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £114.* Patron, the Rev. G. Miller. The church was rebuilt in 1866; is in the decorated English style; and consists of nave, aisles, chancel, N chancel, vestry, and S porch, with tower and spire. There are an endowed institute ofgeneral literature, and a free school.

Radway through time

Radway is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Radway itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Radway, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9334

Date accessed: 21st September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Radway ".