Place:


Kingston  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingston like this:

KINGSTON, a parish in Worthing district, Sussex;, on the coast, 1½ mile SE of Angmering r. station, and 5 W of Worthing. Post town, Littlehampton, under Arundel. Acres, 582; of which 148 are water. Real property, £918. Pop., 45. Houses, 9. A coast guard station is here. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Ferring, in the diocese of Chichester. The church was washed away by the sea.

Kingston through time

Kingston is now part of Arun district. Click here for graphs and data of how Arun has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingston, in Arun and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9325

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingston ".