Place:


Priors Hardwick  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Priors Hardwick like this:

HARDWICK-PRIORS, a parish in Southam district, Warwickshire; adjacent to Northamptonshire and to the Oxford canal, 4 miles NE of Fenny-Compton r. station, and 5 SE by S of Southam. Post-town, Priors-Marston, under Daventry. Acres, 1,600. Real property, £2,901. Pop., 323. Houses, 65. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £240.* Patron, Earl Spencer. The church is early and decorated English, in tolerable condition.

Priors Hardwick through time

Priors Hardwick is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Priors Hardwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Priors Hardwick, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9287

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Priors Hardwick ".