Place:


Pillerton Priors  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pillerton Priors like this:

PILLERTON-PRIORS, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; adjacent to the Fosse way, 4 miles S W of Kineton, and 7¾ S E of Stratford-on-Avon r. station. Post-town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1, 460. Real property, £2, 207. Pop., 190. Houses, 45. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of P. Hersey, in the diocese of Worcester. The churchwent long ago to decay; but the churchyard is still inuse. There is a Wesleyan chapel, built in 1861.

Pillerton Priors through time

Pillerton Priors is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pillerton Priors itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pillerton Priors, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9266

Date accessed: 19th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pillerton Priors ".