Place:


Pillerton Hersey  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pillerton Hersey like this:

PILLERTON-HERSEY, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; adjacent to the Fosse way, 3 miles S W of Kineton, and 7½ S E of Stratford-on-Avon r.station. Post-town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1, 390. Real property, £1, 967. Pop., 242. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Pillerton-Priors, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £120.* Patron, the Rev. H. Mills. The church is ancient but good, and has alow tower. There are a national school, and charities £12.

Pillerton Hersey through time

Pillerton Hersey is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pillerton Hersey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pillerton Hersey, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9261

Date accessed: 21st November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pillerton Hersey ".