In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Packwood like this:
PACKWOOD, a parish in Solihull district, Warwick; near the Stratford canal and the Birmingham and Oxford railway, 1½ mile S of Knowle r. station, and 4¾ N N E of Henley-in-Arden. Post-town, Henley-in-Arden, under Birmingham. Acres, 1, 655. Real property, £2, 767. Pop., 292. Houses, 60. The manor belongs to P. W. Martin, Esq. Packwood House, a fine ancient half-timbered mansion, is the seat of J. Fetherston, Esq. Aylesbury House belongs to J. H. W. Aylesbury, Esq., and isoccupied by E. J. Payne, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £174.* Patron, P. W. Martin, Esq. The church is ancient. Charities, £4.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Packwood has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Solihull. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Packwood and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Packwood, in Solihull and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st September 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Packwood".