Place:


Morton Bagot  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Morton Bagot like this:

MORTON-BAGGOT, a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; at the boundary with Worcester, 3 miles WSW of Henley-in-Arden, and 5 NW of Bearley r. station. Post town, Stud ley, under Redditch. Acres, 1,180. Real property, £1,401. Pop., 1 39. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £160. Patron, Sir F. L. H. Goodricke, Bart. The church is a very plain building.

Morton Bagot through time

Morton Bagot is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Morton Bagot itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Morton Bagot, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9225

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Morton Bagot ".