In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moreton Morrell like this:
MORETON-MORRELL, a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwickshire; on the Fosse way, 5 miles WSW of Harbury r. station, and 6¾ S by E of Warwick. Post town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 536. Real property, £1,855. Pop., 266. Houses, 59. The manor belongs to John Little, Esq. Moreton Hall is the seat of John Ford, Esq.; and Moreton House, of T. H. Ward, Esq. Limestone abounds; and there is a petrifying spring. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £120.* Patron, John Little, Esq. The church consists of nave, middle aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a free school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Moreton Morrell has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Moreton Morrell and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Moreton Morrell, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Moreton Morrell".