Place:


Marsh Baldon  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marsh Baldon like this:

BALDON-MARSH, a parish in the district of Abingdon and county of Oxford; on the Roman road from Alcester to Wallingford, 3½ miles E by N of Culham r station, and 6 SE of Oxford. Post Town, Nuneham Courtney under Oxford. Acres, 570. Real property, £1,370. Pop., 342. Houses, 69. Baldon House be longed formerly to the Pollards; and passed to the baronet family of Willoughby. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £93.*-Sir H. P. Willoughby, Bart. The church is later English. There are a free school, and charities £9.

Marsh Baldon through time

Marsh Baldon is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Marsh Baldon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marsh Baldon in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9212

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Marsh Baldon ".