Place:


Priors Marston  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Priors Marston like this:

MARSTON-PRIORS, a village and a parish in Southam district, Warwick. The village stands near the Oxford canal, adjacent to Northamptonshire, 5 miles NE by E of Fenny-Compton r. station, and 5 SE of Southam; and has a post office under Rugby. The parish comprises 3,630 acres. Real property, £6,578. Pop., 698. Houses, 155. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £230. * Patron, Earl Spencer. The church was mainly rebuilt in 1863, but retains the old tower. There are chapels for Moravians and Wesleyans, and some charities.

Priors Marston through time

Priors Marston is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Priors Marston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Priors Marston, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9200

Date accessed: 25th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Priors Marston ".