In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Attington like this:
ATTINGTON, an extra-parochial tract in Thame district, Oxford; 3 miles S of Thame. Acres, 435. Pop., 15. Houses, 3.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Attington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Attington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Attington in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd September 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Attington".