Place:


Lea Marston  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lea Marston like this:

LEA-MARSTON, a village and a parish in Meriden district, Warwick. The village stands on the river Tame, near Whitacre r. station, 2¼ miles N of Coleshill; and has a post office under Birmingham.—The parish contains also the hamlet of Marston, and comprises 1, 438 acres. Real property, £2, 116. ...


Pop., 261. Houses, 60. The manor, with Hams Hall and most of the land, belongs to the Right Hon.B. Adderley. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Right Hon.B. Adderley. The church stands embosomed in wood, has a tower, and contains monuments of the Adderleys. There are national schools, and charities £9.

Lea Marston through time

Lea Marston is now part of North Warwickshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Warwickshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lea Marston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lea Marston in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9194

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lea Marston ".