Place:


Butlers Marston  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Butlers Marston like this:

BUTLERS-MARSTON, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; on an affluent of the river Avon, 1½ mile SW of Kineton, and 7½ W by S of Fenny-Compton r. station. Post Town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1,620. Real property, £2,630. Pop., 271. Houses, 63. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £169. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church is Norman. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Butlers Marston through time

Butlers Marston is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Butlers Marston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Butlers Marston, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9193

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Butlers Marston ".