Place:


Tythegston  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tythegston like this:

TYTHEGSTON, a parish, with two hamlets, in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; 4 miles W by S of Bridgend r. station. Post town, Bridgend. Acres, 2,871. Real property, £3,602. Pop. in 1851, 1,152; in 1861, 1,678. Houses, 340. The increase of pop. arose from extension of collieries, and of coke and iron works. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Newcastle. The church is good.

Tythegston through time

Tythegston is now part of Bridgend district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgend has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tythegston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tythegston, in Bridgend and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9149

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tythegston ".