Place:


Haselor  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Haselor like this:

HASELOR, or Hazeler, a village and a parish in Alcester district, Warwick. The village stands near the river Alne, 2½ miles E by N of Alcester r. station, and 6 WNW of Stratford-on-Avon. The parish includes also places called Upton and Walcote, adjoining the village; and its post town is Alcester, under Bromsgrove. ...


Acres, 1, 950. Real property, £3, 808. Pop., 355. Houses, 81. The neighbourhood is hilly, and has pleasant scenery. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £52. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient; and consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with pinnacled tower.

Haselor through time

Haselor is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Haselor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Haselor, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9117

Date accessed: 27th April 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Haselor ".