Place:


Woodmancote  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodmancote like this:

WOODMANCOTE, a parish in Steyning district, Sussex; 2 miles ESE of Henfield r. station, and 4 WSW of Hurstperpoint. Post town, Hurstperpoint. Acres, 2,236. Real property, £2,713. Pop., 331. Houses, 70. The manor, with W. Place, belongs to J. L. W. Dennett, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £369.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor-The church was about to be restored in April 1869. There are a national school, and charities £10.

Woodmancote through time

Woodmancote is now part of Horsham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Horsham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodmancote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodmancote, in Horsham and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9068

Date accessed: 18th August 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodmancote ".