Place:


Walberton  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walberton like this:

WALBERTON, a parish, with a village, in Westhampnett district, Sussex; 1½ mile NE of Barnham-Junction r. station, and 3 WSW of Arundel. It has a post-office under Arundel. Acres, 1,722. Real property, £4,090. Pop., 588. Houses, 121. W. House is the seat of A. Prime, Esq.; and Avisford House, of Mrs. Pack. The living is a vicarage, united with Yapton, in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £557.* Patron, the Bishop ofThe church is Norman; and it has six memorial windows. put up in 1865. There are national schools, and charities £53.

Walberton through time

Walberton is now part of Arun district. Click here for graphs and data of how Arun has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walberton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walberton, in Arun and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9046

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Walberton ".