Place:


Terwick  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Terwick like this:

TERWICK, a parish in Midhurst district, Sussex; 1½ mile N of Elsted r. station, and 4¼ W by N of Midhurst. Post town, Petersfield. Acres, 718. Real property, £948. Pop., 106. Houses, 22. The manor, from the earliest Norman time, has been held with Rogate. Dangstein house is the seat of R. H. Nevill, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Rev. W. S. Richards. The church was restored in 1847.

Terwick through time

Terwick is now part of Chichester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chichester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Terwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Terwick, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9035

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Terwick ".