In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Stoke like this:
STOKE (North), a parish in Worthing district, Sussex; on the river Arnn, 2 miles N of Arundel r. station. Post town, Arundel. Acres, 860. Real property, £933. Pop., 58. Houses, 13. An ancient British canoe, 34½ feet long, was found here in 1834, and is now in the British museum. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £57. Patron, Lord Leconfield. The church is cruciform.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing North Stoke has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Horsham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering North Stoke and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Stoke, in Horsham and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "North Stoke".