Place:


Trelystan  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trelystan like this:

TRELYSTAN, a chapelry in Worthen parish, Montgomery; under Wolston-Mynd, 3 miles SW of Welsh-pool r. station. It was constituted in 1853; and its Post town is Welshpool. Rated property, £3,238. Pop., 573. Houses, 109. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £150. Patron, J. Naylor, Esq. The church is good.

Trelystan through time

Trelystan is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trelystan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trelystan, in Powys and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9004

Date accessed: 18th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trelystan ".