Place:


Trelech Ar Betws  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trelech Ar Betws like this:

TRELEACH-AR-BETTWS, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Carmarthen; 4½ miles W of Conwil r. station, and 9 NW of Carmarthen. It has a post-office under Carmarthen, and is a seat of petty sessions. Acres, 11,492. Rated property, £4,807. Pop., 1,456. Houses, 302. ...


The property is much sub-divided. Crug-y-Dyrn cairn is 210 feet in circuit and 180 feet high. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £143.* Patron, the Bishop of St. A. The church was reported in 1859 as very bad. There are an Independent-chapel, and an endowed school with £137 a year.

Trelech Ar Betws through time

Trelech Ar Betws is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trelech Ar Betws itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trelech Ar Betws in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8999

Date accessed: 20th September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trelech Ar Betws ".