Place:


Tregynon  Montgomeryshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tregynon like this:

TREGYNON, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Newtown district, Montgomery. The village stands 5 miles N of Newtown r. station, and has a post-office under Newtown, Montgomery. The parish contains the townships of Aberhale, Llanfechan, and Pwllan. Acres, 6,760. Real property, £4,635. ...


Pop., 703. Houses, 136. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £167. Patron, Lord Sudeley. The church is good; .and there are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, and charities £14.—The sub-district contains five parishes. Acres, 26,429. Pop., 2,914. Houses, 576.

Tregynon through time

Tregynon is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tregynon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tregynon, in Powys and Montgomeryshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8998

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tregynon ".