In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trefriw like this:
TREFRIW, a parish, with a village, in the district of Llanrwst and county of Carnarvon; on the river Conway, 2 miles NW of Llanrwst r. station. It has a post-office designated Trefriw, Carnarvonshire, an inn, and three annual fairs; and it conducts some river commerce in timber and slate. Acres, with Llanrhychwyn, 9,576. ...
Real property of T. alone, £1,697; of which £37 are in quarries. Pop., 483. Houses, 98. The property is divided among a few. A seat of Llewelyn was here. The living is a rectory, united with Llanrhychwyn, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £168.* Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church was built in 1230.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trefriw, in Conwy and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trefriw ".