Place:


Trefnant  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trefnant like this:

TREFNANT, a chapelry, with a village, in Henllan parish, Denbighshire; on the Vale of Clwyd railway, 3 miles N of Denbigh. It was constituted in 1855, and it has a post-office under Rhyl, and a r. station. Pop., 639. Houses, 129. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £350. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is recent and handsome.

Trefnant through time

Trefnant is now part of Denbighshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Denbighshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trefnant itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trefnant in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8993

Date accessed: 14th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trefnant ".