Place:


Trefeglwys  Montgomeryshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trefeglwys like this:

TREFEGLWYS, a parish, with five townships in Newtown district, Montgomery; 4¼ miles N by E of Llanidloes r. station. Post town, Newtown. Acres, 18,166. Real property, £6,134. Pop., 1,701. Houses, 308. The property is much subdivided. Flannel manufacture is carried on. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £103. Patron, Lord Mostyn. The church is tolerable; and there are dissenting chapels.

Trefeglwys through time

Trefeglwys is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trefeglwys itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trefeglwys, in Powys and Montgomeryshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8989

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trefeglwys ".