Place:


Trefdraeth  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trefdraeth like this:

TREFDRAETH, a parish in the district and county of Anglesey; 2 miles ENE of Bodorgan r. station, and 5¾ SW of Llangefni. It contains Yard village, and has fairs on May and 1 Nov. Post town, Llangefni, Anglesey. Acres, 3,135. Real property, £3,333; of which £50 are in mines. Pop., 921. Houses, 208. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with Llan-gwyvan, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £465.* Patron, the Bishop of B. The church is good. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, and charities £6.

Trefdraeth through time

Trefdraeth is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trefdraeth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trefdraeth in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8988

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trefdraeth ".