Place:


Tredreyr  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tredreyr like this:

TROEDYRAUR, a parish and a hundred in Cardigan. The parish lies 4 miles N by E of Newcastle-Emlyn r. station; contains a village of its own name; and is in Newcastle-Emlyn district. Post town, Newcastle-Emlyn, under Carmarthen. Acres, 4,660. Real property, £3,115. Pop., 974. Houses, 233. ...


The property is divided among a few. T. House and Alderbrook Hall are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St-Davids. Value, £268.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was built in 1795. There are two Calvinistic Methodist chapels.-The hundred contains 19 parishes and 4 parts. Acres, 71,820. Pop. in 1851, 12,493; in 1861, 11,671. Houses, 2,754.

Tredreyr through time

Tredreyr is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tredreyr itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tredreyr, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8985

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tredreyr ".