In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grendon like this:
GRENDON, a parish in Atherstoge district, Warwick; on the river Anker, the Coventry canal, and the Trent Valley railway, continuous to Leicestershire, 2½ miles NW by N of Atherstone. It includes Whittingtog hamlet; and its post town is Atherstone. Acres, 2, 360. Real property, £3, 172. Pop., 561. Houses, 115. The property is divided among. a few. Grendon Hall, a fine large edifice, mainly rebuilt in 1825, is the seat of Sir George Chetwynd, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £525. * Patron, Sir G. Chetwynd, Bart. The church consists of gave, chancel, aisles, and transept, with embattled tower; and is good. Charities, £5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Grendon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Warwickshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Grendon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grendon in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Grendon".