Place:


Exhall  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Exhall like this:

EXHALL, a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; near Icknield-street and the river Arrow, 2 miles SE of Alcester r. station, and 6 W by N of Stratford-on-Avon. It includes the hamlets of Little Britain and Grafton; and is "the Dudging Exhall" of Shakspeare. Post town, Alcester, under Bromsgrove. ...


Acres, 780. Real property, £1, 310. Pop., 203. Houses, 54. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Wixford, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £409.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old, and was restored, in 1862, at a cost of about £900. Bentley's school has £7; and other charities £13.

Exhall through time

Exhall is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Exhall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Exhall, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8977

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Exhall ".