Place:


Elmdon  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Elmdon like this:

ELMDON, a parish in Solihull district, Warwick; near the Birmingham and Warwick canal, the Birmingham and Warwick railway, and the Birmingham and Coventry railway, 2 miles N of Solihull r. station, and 6½ SE by E of Birmingham. Post town, Bickenhill, under Birmingham. Acres, 1, 127. Real property, £2, 269. Pop., 206. Houses, 34. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Spooners. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £230.* Patron, not reported. The church is good.

Elmdon through time

Elmdon is now part of Solihull district. Click here for graphs and data of how Solihull has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Elmdon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Elmdon, in Solihull and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8975

Date accessed: 15th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Elmdon ".