In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Mundham like this:
MUNDHAM (North), a village and a parish in West-Hampnett district, Sussex. The village stands on the Arundel and Portsmouth canal, 2 miles S E by S of Chichester r. station; and has a post-office under Chichester. The parish contains also the hamlets of Fisher and Runckton. Acres, 1,882. Real property, £4, 209. Pop., 426. Houses, 79. The property is much sub-divided. Runckton House is the seat of the Merricks. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Hunston, in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £617.* Patron, J. B. Fletcher, Esq. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing North Mundham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Chichester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering North Mundham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Mundham, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd August 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "North Mundham".