Place:


Combrook  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Combrook like this:

COMBROOK, a chapelry in Kineton parish, Warwick; adjacent to the Fosse way, 2 miles W by N of Kineton, and 7½ SSW of Southam-Road r. station. Post town, Kineton, under Warwick. Real property, £1, 293. Pop., 228. Houses, 55. Compton Verney is the seat of the Verneys. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value and patron, not reported. There is a Wesleyan chapel. Verney's school has £25 a year from endowment, with two scholarships at Trinity college, Cambridge.

Combrook through time

Combrook is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Combrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Combrook, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8839

Date accessed: 12th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Combrook ".