Place:


Spital  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Spital like this:

SPITTAL, a parish, with a village, in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; 3½ miles WNW of Clarbeston-Road r. station, and 5½ N by E of Haverfordwest. Post town, Haverfordwest. Acres, 2,674. Real property, £2,226. Pop., 392. Houses, 88. The property is divided among a few. A chapel or hospital, belonging to Slebeck preceptory, stood near Raths camp. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £79. Patron, the Bishop of St. D. The church is good: and there are Independent and Wesleyan chapels.

Spital through time

Spital is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Spital itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Spital in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8824

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Spital ".