Place:


Lullington  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lullington like this:

LULLINGTON, a parish in Eastbourne district, Sussex; on the river Cuckmere, 2½ miles S of Berwick r. station, and 6 SW of Hailsham. Post town, Alfriston, under Lewes. Acres, 1,162. Real property, £580. Pop., 16. Houses, 3. The manor and much of the land belong to Lady Amherst. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £40. Patron, the Bishop of Chichester. The church is only about 16 feet square, and was the chancel of a much larger church.

Lullington through time

Lullington is now part of Wealden district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wealden has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lullington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lullington, in Wealden and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8812

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lullington ".