Place:


St Lawrence  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Lawrence like this:

LAWRENCE (ST.), a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on the river Cleddau, 7 miles NW of Clarbeston Road r. station, and 8 N by W of Haverfordwest. Post town, Wolfs-Castle, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 1, 751. Real property, £904. Pop., 205. Houses, 41. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £80. * Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was reported in 1859 as not good.

St Lawrence through time

St Lawrence is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Lawrence itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Lawrence in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8791

Date accessed: 18th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Lawrence ".