Place:


St Hilary  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Hilary like this:

HILARY (ST.), a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; 2 miles SE of Cowbridge r. station, and 5¾ S by W of Llantrissant. Post town, Cowbridge. Acres, 1, 200. Real property, £1, 741. Pop., 139. Houses, 29. Remains exist of Beaupré or Bewper Castle, the old seat of the Sitsyllts. Limestone is found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £44. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Llandaff.

St Hilary through time

St Hilary is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Hilary itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Hilary in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8786

Date accessed: 18th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Hilary ".