Place:


St George super Ely  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St George super Ely like this:

GEORGE (St.), a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; on the river Ely, and on the South Wales railway, near St. Fagans r. station, and 6 miles W of Cardiff. It contains the village of Drope; and its post town is St. Fagans, under Cardiff. Acres, 1, 058. Real property, £1, 233. Pop., 213. Houses, 48. An old castle of the Flemings was here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £124.* Patron, Mrs. Traherne.

St George super Ely through time

St George super Ely is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St George super Ely itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St George super Ely in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8785

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St George super Ely ".